102 E. 5th St.
P.O. Box 80
Ph: (309) 359-5480
Fax: (309) 359-5603
Monday - Friday
7:45 am - 3:30 pm
The mission of special education is to facilitate appropriate education for students with diverse learning needs and abilities; this is accomplished through collaboration with general education to provide a continuum of services delivered in the least restrictive environment in partnership with families.
We believe that:
- All students can learn.
- Learning must be meaningful to the student.
- Special education is not a place, but a designated array of supports and services.
- Special education and general education serve the same purposes.
- All educators share the responsibility for the education of all learners.
- Education will provide appropriate instruction, resources, and support to meet diverse learning needs.
- Students should have equal opportunities to participate in educational programs and school activities which are appropriate for their education.
- Respect and dignity are essential in the learning process.
- Collaboration and communication are vital to the educational partnership among students, parents and educators.